Choose one of the following development routes you will take only after you have gathered and organized all the content for your site. That is all the body copy, page titles, images, videos, etc.
Exceptional comprehension of PSD to HTML/CSS conversion
Use only PSD graphics you created, or downloaded as a theme template, and convert the design into HTML/CSS.
Screencasts and tutorials for PSD/HTML conversion:
- Create A CSS Layout From Scratch
- Converting a Design From PSD to HTML
- Converting a Photoshop Mockup Series: Part 1 of 3
- Build a Sleek Portfolio Site From Scratch
- PSD to HTML Tutorial List
- PSD to HTML Conversion for a Set of Web Designs – Advanced
Download PSD themes to work with:
Average understanding of markup and styling
If it’s hard for you to begin coding a design from scratch then start with the code already build into a template. You still need to know how to modify the template and look of the website to make it your own.
Mediocre grasp of replacing content and images
You can still use a ready made template but with little or no editing of the css styles or HTML markup.